Saturday, November 8, 2014

A winner and a Sparkly Mash-Up

Wow, what a great week I have had.  First, I found out that my card was a winner in the Papercrafts World Card Making Day Challenge!  I submitted two cards, one for the Hello/Thinking of You category and one for the Christmas category.  The card that won was in the Hello/Thinking of You category!  I was so excited I literally screamed!  My family looked at me like I was odd (nothing new).  Anyway, a can't post the card just yet.  It will be published in the April 2015 issue of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking magazine.  Can't wait to share my winning card!

The next bit of news was that I was the Mashup Glamette for my submission to The Friday Mash-up last week!  A great way to be recognized for the box I created for their challenge!



To celebrate, I decided to create another project for the Friday Mashup #185 - Let's Make it Sparkle!



I am having a Thankful for You Stamp Camp on Friday and I needed one more card!  I loved the color combination in the Friday Mashup challenge, Blackberry Bliss, Garden Green and Island Indigo along with the Diamond Dust technique. A great combination to get the creativity flowing.  

I have to admit, it took a me a while to figure out which images to use.  I had already picked a sketch. I wanted to create something using the Fab Friday sketch challenge #53.  I was a little late in creating the card for the actual challenge, but I liked the sketch and decided I needed to create something using the sketch.  



So with this sketch in mind and the need for the sparkle, when I came across the Summer Silhouette stamp set new I had a winning combination!



The greeting is from Lots of Thanks.  I used the Diamond Dust technique on the circle with the leaves and flowers.  I actually embossed the circle and the flowers separately with iridescent ice.  Then I fussy cut the flowers and glued them to the leaves on the circle with the Tombow multipurpose glue.  This helped give the flowers a little dimension (very subtle).  


Anyway, I am excited and thankful for all the recognition!  It is great to be acknowledged for something that I love to do, even though it's not something I get to do all the time!  Still have that day job thing going ;0).

4 comments:

  1. Wendi, congrats on have one of your cards picked as a winner for the Papercrafts World Card Making Day Challenge! I can see why you would be excited! :) Your card is just beautiful too. Love how you used the colors and the close up pic really shows the Dazzling Diamond technique really well too. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see your card! Congrats on the MASHUP too, GREAT technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the use of the technique on the image panel and the fussy cutting of the flowers!

    Congrats on having a card picked, I'll be sure to pick up that issue!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkle! Great idea to fussy cut and then emboss. Sometimes subtle dimension speaks volumes. I love your design, and the sentiement is perfect. Congrats on your picks, too! Thanks for sharing with the Friday Mashup this week, Wendi.

    ReplyDelete