Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy Birthday Chalkboard Technique with Blendabilities

While perusing Pinterest I found a great technique I wanted to try using the Blendabilities markers from Stampin Up and an embossed image to make a chalkboard type effect.  The video I first saw was from Diane Dimich, although I know there are several out there,

Anyway, I received the new Big Day stamp set from Stampin' Up!  It's a new saleabration stamp set and I just love the images.  I thought this stamp set would go great with a chalkboard type effect.

I also liked the retrosketches design #146 so I decided to make a card using this technique and this sketch.  Easy Peasy! 


Here is my card.  I decided to make a regular sized card rather than a square card.  

The main image was stamped with Versamark onto basic black cardstock and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I took Blendabilities and colored in the images.  I used Old Olive (lightest one), Pink Pirouette (new color available with the 2015 Occasions Catalog), Soft Sky (another new color), Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight.


Once this was colored I mounted it onto a piece of Pumpkin Pie Designer Series Paper from the Brights DSP pack and then mounted that onto a piece of Pear Pizzaz cardstock.  

I stamped the cake image onto whisper white cardstock and colored it in using the same blendabilities colors as I used to color the main image. The cake was fussy cut and mounted to the card front.

I love the color combination of this card.  It's bright and cheery.  Perfect for a January Birthday!

Happy day to you!




2 comments:

  1. This is a bright and cheerful card! I love the look of the colored embossing powder. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I can't get enough of the chalkboard paper with the colored EP. Wonderful combo! Really like what you did with the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete